Comfort is a primary concern when considering products and appliances to purchase. As being comfortable can take a variety of forms, it should be no surprise that heaters and temperatures often fall into this category. When deciding how best to make yourself comfortable during the colder months, the Duraflame 5HM8000-O142 Portable Electric Infrared Quartz Oscillating Tower Heater, is a great option for an outdoor infrared heater.
Manufactured by a well-known brand, Duraflame, this heater not only focuses on the comfort in your home, but also a number of important benefits. The infrared heat created by the heater maintains the humidity within the air and prevents it from drying out. Those prone to allergy and asthma symptoms will certainly benefit from this added feature.
In terms of range, the Duraflame heater is a great option for small to mid-size homes. Designed as a supplemental heating source, it is ideal for use in specific rooms or apartments that may not be of a large size. With the ability to heat up to 1000 square feet, individual zones are best to focus on.
As an outdoor infrared heater, this heater allows you to change locations whenever you choose without the need for cumbersome hookups. You can also rest easy knowing that the exterior of the heater has a cool-down design which prevents little ones or pets from experiencing painful burns or injuries.
Benefits of Oscillation Fans
Oscillating fans are those that move from side to side. Primarily seen in a tower form, these fans have become much more popular throughout the course of the last few years. While they tend to be visually appealing in many ways, they also provide multiple other benefits.
Fans of this type often provide better cooling and heating capabilities than that of stationary units. While stationary heaters blow air in a straightforward direction, these units manipulate the air, allowing a larger range of coverage and, ultimately, comfort.
They are also well-known for their ability to bring you comfort through ease-of-use. Oscillating fans often allow you to switch between both hot and cold temperatures and allow you to adjust the tower at-will. They can often be lowered or raised to fit your needs as well.
Pros and Cons
● Auto Shut Off – Always busy, you can take comfort in knowing that if you forgot to unplug or turn this heater off, the auto shut-off feature will be able to act on your behalf.
● Oscillating Technology – A rising form of technology, oscillation gives you the benefit of air circulating throughout the room with the option to manipulate its location. Air circulation also helps to boost the flow of heat throughout your home as well
● Digital LED – Guessing or estimating the temperature settings for you home is no longer a necessity. The digital LED will tell you the temperature at any point in time
● Remote Operation – The ease of use found with this heater is a great benefit. Instead of manually having to change temperatures, you can now change and set your preferences while sitting comfortably in bed or on your couch.
● Cool Touch Technology – If you live in a home with small children or pets, this heater will bring you both comfort and peace of mind. The cool-touch technology includes plastic grates that will keep both little hands and paws away from the central heating unit.
● Size – Though this heater would be considered a mid-sized unit, this could prove to be a problem if you happen to live in a larger space.
● Visual Appeal – In general, visual appeal is highly subjective and specific to you as an individual. If you like sleek and classic fixtures, this heater may be great for you and your home. If you prefer a more modernized feel, this may not be the design for you
The peace and comfort of your home is a key component in your emotional state of being. The temperature in your home can play a pivotal role in this as well. While there may be a few cons with the Duraflame heater, the benefits far outweigh the possible dissatisfaction with size or style shown.