During the early months of fall, the cold weather may not seem to be a problem. But, as the season continues—and shifts into winter—you may find yourself feeling much chillier than you had before. In turn, having an electric infrared heater has a plethora of benefits, and can make the cold weather bearable—rather than bitter.
This heater is perfect for those who are looking for something small in size, as well as discreet. For those who live in apartments, Duraflame can easily warm up the living room, keeping the interior at the best temperature for the tenants—and/or reliable when they need it most.
If you've ever had to deal with the high utility bill that comes with leaving your central heat or air on, the Duraflame brings the exact opposite. Instead, it has a digital thermostat and provides you with a remote control—to easily set the amount of time that you want the device to be left on, and to change the temperature to what best fits you.
The Importance of Heat During the Winter Months
For those who already have preexisting health conditions, heat within their home is of great importance. If you have a certain circulatory/respiratory issues—such as COPD, asthma, and so on—then braving the cold might not have the best impact on your lungs—by causing them to have to work twice as hard. Staying warm not only keeps you in good health physically but mentally as well.
In addition to such, if the weather drops below a certain temperature, it can be dangerous—if not deadly—for your health. In fact, "below 16 degrees Celsius is too cold for babies, small children, and other vulnerable people." In turn, if you have kids, grandparents—and other at-risk persons—a heater is the best option for you if nothing else so that you can keep them warm and safe.
To ensure that you are getting the best out of your heater, make sure that you keep it at a safe proximity so that it is not covered—and/or blocked—by surrounding items. This allows you to not only be protected but helps your heater from having to work twice as hard to warm the room—so that you can get the best temperature out of your product.
In addition, make sure you keep babies, or small pets from playing with the device to ensure that they don't injure themselves. Other than that, it is perfect for any bedroom—and/or small area—of the house you so choose—especially in the baby's nursery if you want to keep him/her warm during the winter months.
Pros and Cons
● Portable - You can easily move it from home to work, or from room to room, if you choose to do so.
● Adjustable Thermostat - You have the ability to monitor your heater—by setting a timer and changing the temperature—right from the comfort of your own couch.
● Fully Assembled - You don't have to go to the trouble of having to put any of the pieces parts together. The hard part is done for you, allowing you to effortlessly turn your heater on with little difficulty.
● Cool to The Touch - You won't have as much risk of injuring yourself or run into the risk of your Duraflame overheating.
● Kind to The Environment - You won't dry out the natural humidity within the air, which is perfect if you are eco-friendly.
● Safer Plug Fire Prevention Technology - The Safer Plug monitors the temperature of the heater to make sure it doesn't rise above safe levels. That way if you are at risk you don't have to worry—since it prevents overheating and keeps you and your family protected.
● Capacity - The heater may not be suitable for you if you have a larger home because it is very unlikely that it will reach the full extent of the perimeter—unless you choose to have one for each room.
The Duraflame 9HM8101-O142 Portable Electric Infrared Quartz Heater may not be for everyone but can serve a useful purpose in the homes of smaller families. In turn, if you are looking to get one or more of these heaters for smaller areas of your home, then this may be the perfect choice for you.