Many people experiencing harsh, frigid temperatures like to imagine cozying up to a crackling fireplace in the comfort of their living room with a cup of hot cocoa. It is not only a comforting thought to many, but also brings with it the warm glow of an open flame to chase off the freezing temperatures. While it may not be a real fire, the Duraflame Electric Infrared Quartz Fireplace Stove with 3D Flame Effect is definitely the real deal.
All the Comforts of a Fire, Without the Flame
This fire is a remote-controlled, perfect addition to any room. It offers all of the comforts of a roaring fireplace with none of the hazards of an actual open flame. The 3D flame effect of this space heater offers a soft glow as well as the comforting warmth a typical fireplace offers, and will warm a space of up to 1,000 square feet.
At under 30 pounds, it remains fairly easy to reposition as or where needed. The infrared quartz prevents the natural humidity of the targeted space from drying out, keeping the air warm without getting dry and causing any irritation that comes with it. It sports beveled glass doors and side viewing windows that allow you to see the patent-pending 3D flame effect from a cozy vantage point.
Why Choose Infrared?
There are many advantages to using an infrared heating course rather than ceramic or a traditional furnace heater. You won’t have glaringly hot metal or ceramic directed at you, as infrared technology and the heat it produces is invisible to the naked eye. It also instantly heats a space for a longer period of time, while still covering a wide area.
Infrared heat is also gentle: it doesn’t dry out the oxygen or moisture in the air of a room, maintaining a natural humidity. This keeps you and your family from experiencing unpleasant dryness of the eyes, skin, or sinuses.
Infrared heat could be compared to standing under the rays of the sun, without any of the UV rays that come with it. There is also no static build-up, as there can be with other methods of heating.
With infrared heat, there are no exposed parts or coils to dry the air or be touched by wandering hands. This prevents burns and fires, and makes your home not only blissful and warm, but safe as well. There are other safety features to this unit, as well.
Anything that can put out heat has the potential to cause injury. Duraflame and Twin-Star took that into consideration collectively, and created something not only aesthetically pleasing and functional, but also something with a multitude of safety features. You know now about the wonders of infrared technology, and can avoid having an open flame in your home without sacrificing the feelings it provides. But what about the little things that you did not consider?
The plug of the unit, for instance; a space heater has to be plugged in. The Duraflame Fireplace Stove comes equipped with a patent-pending Safer Plug. The plug was designed with fire prevention in mind, to give you and your loved ones peace of mind when using the heater.
Safer Plug is made with a built-in thermometer. If the plug’s internal temperature were ever to rise above a safe level, the plug itself will shut off. This prevents dangerous overheating, melted plugs, and avoids potential electrical fires. You can enjoy a nice evening by the fire without the actual risk.
Pros and Cons
As with anything, though, there are pros and cons. Here are some of them:
● Aesthetically pleasing – Between the 3D flames, beautiful glass, and quaint, homey feel, the Duraflame Stove is one of the most attractive space heaters out there.
● Infrared heat – You won’t feel dried out when using this unit, as the infrared heat leaves the natural humidity in the air as it warms the room.
● Safer Plug – Arguably one of the more innovative things to include with a space heater, you won’t have to worry about fires or melted wires with this.
● Remote and temperature controlled – You can adjust the temperature to what is comfortable for you, and you don’t even have to get up to do it.
● Sides stay cool – A great feature if you happen to have curious pets or children.
● Weight – While not too overbearing, sometimes moving around a 28.6 pounds heater can be cumbersome.
● Stove top – While it is called a stove, you probably would not expect the top to get hot. It does, even though the sides do not.
● May need an infrequently-used circuit – If you notice the unit shutting down frequently but not overheating, you may need to relocate it to a plug that has fewer draws on its circuit.
Overall, if you have a space to heat and you want to tie the room together with the nice, warm glow of a fire, the Duraflame Electric Infrared Quartz Fireplace Stove with 3D Flame Effect is one of the best infrared heaters.