A space heater should be relatively small yet functional. It should get the infrared heater reviews.
job done without a struggle or threat of catastrophe. If you want a quality heater with a quaint, familiar look, you will find no better candidate than the EdenPURE A5095 Gen2 Pure Infrared Heater.
At a Glance
The EdenPURE A5095 has a unique, bookish design that would feel familiar in almost any room in your home. It’s relatively lightweight, weighing in at approximately 15 pounds, and sports a black color with a wood finish panel along the face. As unassuming as it looks, it packs quite a bit of power in its boxy exterior, with a useful kit that can be purchased as an add-on.
When you buy the EdenPURE, it comes with a two-year warranty that is included in its price, and it is worth it. Its longevity is hinted at in its high-quality material, complete with two built-in handles on either side. The handles and its low weight make it easy to move around a room or space for aesthetic or functional purposes.
It being small does nothing to diminish its usefulness in battling colder temperatures. In a properly-insulated room, the EdenPURE will comfortably heat up to 1,000 square feet. If the room it’s in reaches your desired temperature, it will automatically shut itself off. This is a great way that it can save you some extra money on your electricity bill.
What About the Kit?
The additionally-available kit is an air purifying accessory kit. This kit comes with a Hepa filter, UV light, and PCO (Photo-Catalytic-Oxidation) component, Hepa filters are high-efficiency particulate arresting filters that trap allergens and particles. While the UV light sanitizes the air, the PCO and Hepa filter stop most of what could cycle back through into the air.
When combined, the EdenPURE will effectively clean any dust, bacteria, and allergens from the air with approximately a 99% efficiency rating. You will want to clean the filter at least once a month. This will allow it to continue providing the purest air possible until needing to be replaced, about every four to six months.
The EdenPURE has a lot of nice features tucked away inside of it. Aside from coming with a remote control for adjusting settings or turning the unit on or off, it has an automatic timer. You can set the timer once the EdenPURE is turned off, for anywhere from 1 to 12 hours. The heater will start back up at the designated time, and begin heating the room it occupies. Alternatively, it can be used as a shut-off timer as well.
The way it heats a room is through infrared technology. Infrared heat is less damaging and also less dangerous than conventional heating methods, like ceramic or furnaces. It warms the air but does not dry out the oxygen or humidity in the air, which keeps your skin and throat from feeling dry and uncomfortable.
Make sure that the space that the heater will be in is properly insulated with tight seals on the doors and windows, per the manufacturer. If not, the EdenPURE may not work as well as it is meant to, and you may be left wondering why.
Pros and Cons
There are a lot more pros than cons when you break down the unit, but here are the highlights:
● Portable – The EdenPURE is only 15 pounds and comes with built-in handles, you can essentially put it anywhere that a cardboard box would fit.
● Energy saver – Between the remote control capabilities, the operation timers, and the fact that it shuts off when the room is just the right kind of toasty, the EdenPURE will end up saving you money over your heating needs.
● Good coverage – The small cube will warm up to 1,000 square feet to a perfect temperature for you.
● Infrared heat – Doesn’t dry out the air or anything in it, so you don’t suffer scratchy sinuses, skin, or eyes.
● Air purification kit – If you have sick kids, allergies, or a lot of floating dust, this kit is just the thing you need to clear up all which plagues you.
● No auto-shut-off – You can set the timers and it’ll shut off at certain temperatures, but if it gets knocked over or overheats, there is no automatic shut-off function.
● Air purification kit – As great as it is, it doesn’t come in a bundle or package deal. You have to buy the entire kit separately.
● Heats a room, with some rules – You have to make sure the room you’re trying to heat is properly insulated and sealed, or else a lot of the heat will escape and you will still be cold.
While there are a few cons, they are hardly anything very uncommon. Most heaters do require good insulation and seals to keep a room heated nicely, and even more than that don’t even come with an air purification option. Truthfully, the EdenPURE A5095 Gen2 Pure Infrared Heater is a wonderful little space heater with a lot to offer that ranks highly in infrared heater reviews.