Smart technology is the way of the future, so it is only fitting that you should consider a window air conditioner with wifi technology and smart capabilities. The cost of a window air conditioner with smart technology is comparable to those models without; so why not purchase the unit with these convenient features?
With an editor’s rating of 3.1 out of 5, the Frigidaire Smart Window Air Conditioner may not have all the features that you are looking for when finding a wifi air conditioner. It is important to know what you are looking for when finding a wifi air conditioner to fit your needs.
Are you looking for an Amazon Alexa compatible wifi air conditioner? Is energy efficiency one of your requirements? Do you have a smaller area that needs to be cooled? Is appearance important to you? Do you want to save money, both off the shelf and long-term?
Yes to any of these above questions make the Frigidaire Smart Window Air Conditioner an ideal fit for you. With an attractive design, this wifi air conditioner is not only appealing but effective.
Frigidaire Smart Window Air Conditioner Features
This wifi air conditioner features an 8,000 BTU output. This smaller output will successfully cool a room around 350 square feet. This size wifi air conditioner is optimal for small spaces, such as a bedroom, small living room, or small attic space, so long as there is appropriate window accessibility.
The depth-size of this unit is 19 ¾ inches, making this an optimal size for a window that shares a communal space with another object, such as a fire escape or porch. In addition to cooling, this wifi air conditioner also features dehumidification of 1.7 pints per hour.
For energy efficiency, this wifi air conditioner is certified with ENERGY STAR technology. ENERGY STAR technology is certifiable when an appliance costs less than $100 per year to operate. In addition, this window air conditioner features an Energy Efficiency Rating (EER) of 12.0. The higher energy efficiency rating the better. A higher energy efficiency rating equates to how much energy this unit will save over the course of its lifetime, as well as how much cost savings you will see in your pocket.
For evenly distributed cooling, this Frigidaire wifi air conditioner is equipped with innovative top two-way slanted vents to direct airflow in a circular motion.
Wifi technology allows this wifi air conditioner to be controlled by the included remote control, Frigidaire Smartphone application, and Amazon Alexa. These methods allow you to control the air conditioner’s temperature, fan, mode, and power.
The lights on this wifi air conditioner can be turned off. If this air conditioner will be in your bedroom and the lights bother you, you can easily turn them off. Additionally, the design of this wifi window air conditioner is attractive, sleek and modern. The appealing design will make you want to show off this wifi air conditioner instead of hide it away!
Featuring a 6 foot power cord, you can safely position this wifi air conditioner to the window of your choice.
Pros and Cons
● Affordable price point both off-the-shelf and long-term.
● Small 8,000 BTU output makes this wifi air conditioner ideal for cooling smaller rooms, such as small living spaces, bedrooms, or small attic spaces.
● Easy installation.
● Attractive and sleek design.
● Smart-hub integration with Amazon Alexa.
● Lights can be turned off if they are an issue at night.
● Dehumidification to help cool and remove moisture from your living space.
● Cooling fans help circulate cool air within your living space. This helps keep the smart air conditioner from constantly running or overworking.
● ENERGY STAR technology and energy efficiency rating (EER) of 12.0 for optimal energy use and cost savings.
● Small BTU output is not optimal for larger living spaces over 350 square feet.
● Heavy, bulky installation.
● The temperature gauge can read a higher temperature coming from inside the unit, resulting in additional constant cooling.
● Lights are bright, but can be turned off.
● Inefficient drainage system for water condensation.
All things considered, the Frigidaire Smart Window Air Conditioner is an acceptable option to consider when you need to select your new wifi air conditioner. While it does not have some desired features, such as a proper draining system, it is an acceptable, effective and reputable choice to get the job done.
The editor’s rating for the Frigidaire Smart Window Air Conditioner is 3.1 out of 5 with most dissatisfaction coming from fixable issues, such as the bright lights. Users are most satisfied with this wifi air conditioner’s ability to properly heat the appropriate space effectively.
Perhaps the most important and quality feature is the Energy Efficiency Rating (EER) of 12.0.