This Lasko full-circle ceramic space heater uses forced air and a ceramic heating element to warm the air and provide radiant heat to those inside of its effective range. It’s definitely a unique looking heater, with a look you would normally find on a Dyson or some other artistic piece. However, this heater is extremely powerful and well worth the medium price point.
It is only 25 inches tall and has a circular base that is about 11 inches in diameter. This means that you can put it in the corner of a busy room or in the middle of your kid’s room and not have to worry about this huge heater blocking the path. With all the features this could be the best space heater for bedroom you’ve ever seen.
Lasko Full-Circle Ceramic Space Heater
It wouldn’t be a full-circle heater if it didn’t offer oscillation, and this Lasko does. It offers three settings for oscillation. One at 90 degrees, then 170 degrees, which is about a half circle, and then one that offers a full 360 degree cycle. Depending on where you place your heater will determine what kind of oscillation you want. After all, you don’t want the full 360 degree if it is in the corner.
This heater has a fully adjustable thermostat that has a digital readout on the front of the space heater. When activated, the heater will automatically turn off when the comfort setting is reached. It will then turn on periodically to test the temperature of the ambient air to see if it needs to turn back on again.
The air inlet for the forced air convection heating is on the bottom quarter of the unit and features a lifetime filter that you can just vacuum clean with a brush attachment. It’s easy to access and even easier to clean, and it is nice that you don’t have to take it out to wash it.
Safety-wise, this space heater has the safety functions that you expect. There’s the automatic shutoff if the unit tips over, and also an overheat detector. That will also shut the unit off in the event that the temperature gets too high, which it can if you accidentally block the inlets.
Keeping Safe With Space Heaters
Space heaters are great when it comes to saving money on your heating and cooling bill, but if you don’t stay safe, you might regret it. With over 70 percent of all winter fire injuries caused by space heaters, it’s important to keep some safety tips in mind:
● Even though space heaters are made with ABS plastic shells that don’t get hot, there is one place that does get exceptionally hot: the heating outlet and grill. When you’re placing your space heater, make sure that you don’t put your space heater in a high traffic walkway. It only takes one accidental grab for a loved one or a pet to suffer a fairly nasty burn.
● Keep drapes away. Thin curtains can catch fire quite easily. If you have a space heater set up, keep flammable material at least three feet away from the heater at all times.
● Keep it steady. Put your space heater on solid footing where it won’t tip over easily. As well, make sure the surface can’t catch fire; no carpet, in other words.
Pros and Cons
Shopping for space heaters is hard enough, so we try to make it easy by offering a quick summary of all the pros and cons we came up with when we tested these units. Here are some reasons this Lasko Full-Circle could be right for you and a couple reasons why it may not.
● 2 heat settings (High and Low) with an Auto setting that responds to your comfort setting
● 3 different oscillation settings – 90 degrees, 170 degrees and a full 360 degrees
● Fully adjustable thermostat
● 1500 watt ceramic heating element
● Remote control offers full control from the comfort of your chair
● No fan-only function
With an easy to clean forever filter and an option for full-circle oscillation, this Lasko full-circle ceramic space heater is a great mid-range option for anyone who wants to supplement their heating system. A thermostat allows you to set a comfortable temperature and then bask in the warmth.