This sleek looking tower ceramic space heater is a full-featured model with a modest price and great value. It’s made by Lasko, which is one of the leading manufacturers of space heaters in the United States. The space heater is just 2 feet tall with a footprint of 7.4 inches by 8.7 inches. That means it doesn’t require a lot of space to heat your home with ease. While you shouldn’t use any unit as a bathroom space heater, with adequate ventilation to prevent moisture buildup, Lasko Oscillating Ceramic space heater would be a great option.
This comes with the two standard safety features. Tip over protection will automatically turn the heater off in the event that it is knocked over. The overheat protection allows you to run it with the timer and be confident that the unit won’t get too hot.
Lasko Oscillating Ceramic Space Heater
This space heater comes with a full featured remote that lets you control the many features that come with this unit. There are three levels of operation available. High will use full power, which is 1500 watts. Low will use 750 watts, and automatic will cycle the high power to maintain the comfort setting you select.
The thermostat can be set between 60 and 85 degrees Fahrenheit with a MAX function as well. When the MAX setting is used, the heater will run on high for the duration. This is the setting you use when you want to self-regulate the temperature without using the built in function.
You can also set a timer for any duration from one to seven hours. The control panel of the heater only shows three times: 1 hr., 2 hr., and 4 hr. As you select a longer time, multiple lights will come on. If you use the MAX function with the timer, the heater will run until the timer expires.
This Lasko space heater also has a built in oscillation function that sweeps about 90 degrees back and forth. This is handy for when you want to heat a room and place this space heater in a corner.
Don’t Forget the Rest
You can’t expect to supplement your heating system with a space heater and save money if you don’t take care of weatherproofing your home and taking other steps. Here are some ways you can help your space heater save you money.
● Use barriers between rooms – Whether it is a door or a privacy curtain, having some sort of barrier between the space you’re heating and the rest of your home will help you keep the heat where you want it. That translates to using the space heater less, which saves even more money.
● Add insulation to your attic – You should do an insulation inspection of your entire home. You may find that your attic and crawl space are under insulated. A good rule of thumb is that you should have 12 to 15 inches of insulation up there.
● Seal your windows – Not everyone has triple pane, argon filled, high efficiency windows. If you don’t, then consider using a window sealing kit. These are essentially sheets of plastic that you heat and stretch into place over a window. This traps a barrier of air between the plastic and your window which adds another layer of insulation. That will help slow a lot of heat loss.
Pros and Cons
Here are some pros and cons of this space heater that we’ve collected from user reviews and our personal observations. They should help you decide if this heater is right for you.
● 7 hour timer gives you great flexibility of use
● Powerful fan and heater will warm a medium sized room fairly quickly
● Oscillation works well and distributes heat evenly
● Lightweight and easy to move and place where you need it.
● Noisier than other space heaters of its size
● No fan-only option for air circulation.
This Lasko Oscillating Ceramic space heater has some great features that make it stand out from others in its price range. These features include a full 7 hour timer and a built in thermostat and temperature regulation, as well as a full functional remote control. This space heater is a great option for someone looking to supplement their existing heating system.