Last Updated on by
In a world where convenience is now a priority to be considered when making a purchase, why should this same convenience not apply to your window air conditioner as well? With today’s growing smart-home technology, you now have the option to control your window air conditioner. All you need is a reliable internet connection to control your smart air conditioner on your phone from miles away.
You may be wondering why you would need a smart air conditioner. You already have a smart thermostat in your house controlling your home’s central heating and air. Isn’t that enough? Convenience has never been as practical as now!
Imagine you are on vacation and you get an alert on your phone from your smart thermostat notifying you that your thermostat is not working. The remainder of your home connected to smart devices is working as they should. You realize that your central air conditioning has gone out while you are on vacation during the hottest time of year. The house is going to be stifling when you arrive back home.
With a smart window air conditioner, you can alleviate the sweltering temperature inside the house by accessing your Smartphone and turning on your window unit.
When choosing a smart air conditioner, look no further than the LG Energy Star Window Air Conditioner.
LG Energy Star Window Air Conditioner Features
This LG smart air conditioner features a 12,000 BTU output. This size BTU output is optimal for cooling a room up to 550 square feet.
In addition to cooling, this smart air conditioner also includes a dehumidifier, three cooling speeds and three fan speeds. The dehumidifying rate is 3.8 pints per hour.
The LG Energy Star smart air conditioner is also ENERGY STAR certified. This certification means it costs less than roughly $100 per year to operate. Additionally, this LG unit has an Energy Efficiency Rating (EER) of 12.1. The higher the EER rating, the more energy efficient the appliance.
The window requirements for this unit are horizontal with a minimum of 28 inches and a maximum of 41 inches. The window height minimum is 17 inches.
Wifi technology allows this smart air conditioner to be controlled by the included remote control and the LG Smartthinq Smartphone application. Both the remote control and the Smartphone application allow you to control the air conditioner’s temperature, fan, mode, and power.
Equipped with a light to notify you when to clean the filter, you will be alerted when to clean this smart air conditioner filter. Proper care and cleaning of your filter will result in the longevity of your smart air conditioner. The noise level of this unit is low, making it an ideal choice for a bedroom or living space.
Included in this unit is a drain and plug to release stored water condensation. Depending on your smart air conditioner’s usage will determine how often you need to remove the water. Some users keep the plug removed during the summer months due to the air conditioner’s constant running. The unit simply drains the water to the ground below; an optimal location for keeping a plant that needs to be watered daily!
This unit also features a convenient auto-restore setting if the power goes out. This auto-restore setting will power on the air conditioning unit when the power is restored.
Pros and Cons
● The 12,000 BTU output is optimal for cooling small spaces, such as a small living room, bedroom or attic with window accessibility.
● Easy installation.
● Affordable, both off-the-shelf and long-term.
● Energy Efficiency Rating (EER) of 12.1.
● Dehumidification, fan speeds, and cooling components make up the multi-functions of this smart air conditioner.
● Quiet noise level makes for an ideal smart air conditioner choice for the bedroom or living room.
● Auto-restore feature to restart the smart air conditioner should the power go out.
● While the BTU is larger than comparable smart air conditioners, the BTU output included is not ideal for regulating the temperature in a large room over 550 square feet.
● Not applicable with other smart-home hub technology, such as Google Home, Apple Homelink, or Amazon Alexa.
● This smart air conditioner requires an appropriately-sized horizontal window.
● Rooms with no window access, such as a windowless basement, are not compatible rooms to install this smart air conditioner. The window air conditioner needs proper heat exhaust and draining for safe and optimal performance.
With an editor’s rating of 3.7 out of 5, the LG Energy Star Window Air Conditioner is a favorable choice for users who need a living room space, bedroom or attic cooled by a window air conditioner. Its affordable price point makes this LG smart air conditioner a top sought-after option for your small cooling needs.