Camping or hosting outdoor activities is a great way to get back to nature, but it can also remind people why their ancestors flocked indoors in the first place. While being outside during the day tends to be warm and fun, the night tends to bring with it an assortment of cold, chilly weather that can make it hard to enjoy yourself.
To combat the cold during all of your outdoor activities, there are portable propane heaters like the Mr. Heater MH30T, which keeps you warm on even the chilliest of days by supplying a constant source of radiant heat. It even works as a outdoor propane heater because of its size and durability.
Mr. Heater, MH30T
The Mr. Heater MH30T Double Tank Top Outdoor Propane Heater is a small but reliable option for any individual seeking a reliable heater for outdoor use. This is an extremely basic model, requiring a standard propane tank that is then attached to two radiant heaters on the top that resemble eyes or antennae. It is popular to use during camping, but also works for other outdoor situations like parties or even labor like farming or construction work.
This heater has product dimensions of 16.8 x 6.5 x 16 in. and weighs 5 lbs., making it as portable as the name suggests. The Mr. Heater MH30T does not come with a propane tank, but can connect to standard tanks that hold between 5 and 20 lb. cylinders. The entire device is CSA certified and also comes with some fun features like an easy to use push button igniter.
Besides these basics, the heater does have some safety features like an automatic shutoff if the heater is accidentally knocked over. People can also choose whether they would like the heater to run at high, medium, or low, so there is some control for the average individual.
Radiant Heater Information
Radiant heaters are more modern than traditional convection models. When a machine relies on radiant heating, it transfers heat directly to objects rather than directly to the air, ensuring people and objects stay warm. This radiant heat is transmitted through electromagnetic waves, similar to how the sun works.
Radiant heaters are far more efficient than their counterparts, and also have great energy efficiency in general. This is because they generate heat rapidly while many other models take time to produce the energy to become hot. When a radiant heater is used, it also produces a more focused heat, so less energy is wasted in the long run.
With a model like the Mr. Heater MH30T, users can expect a long lasting portable option.
Pros and Cons
● Adjustable – Users can control how much propane they want to use since the heater can connect to tanks measuring between 5 and 20 lbs.
● Safe– The Mr. Heater MH30T includes features like an automatic shutoff, which kicks in if something accidentally knocks the device over
● Modern – Because this device uses radiant heat, it transfers its energy directly to objects to keep them warm instead of relying solely on blowing hot air all over the place
● Clean Burning – Propane heaters don’t produce any smoke, so you don’t have to worry about inhaling unhealthy side products
● Portable – This heater lives up to its name and weighs a mere 5 lbs., making it easy to transport to any outdoor event
● Ignition – The push start ignition is easy to use and functions as advertised
● Stiff – Although there are two heating lamps, they cannot be adjusted and only face forward
● Incomplete Construction – Some models arrived without the necessary screws to make a finished product
● Fuel Tank – People need to go out and attach their own propane tanks since the heater doesn’t come with one
The Mr. Heater MH30T Double Tank Top Outdoor Propane Heater is a stable and reliable option for individuals seeking a portable heater for outdoor use. It features two lamps that provide hours of radiant heat, making it excellent for larger outdoor activities. If you need something simple and easy to use and don’t want to invest a ton of money, then the Mr. Heater MH30T is for you. Just remember that you need to supply your own propane tanks when using this device.