This impressive unit is a mini split air conditioner. The PIONEER mini split system offers great efficiency, an installation kit, and permanent washable air filters. Plus, it is small and light.
Even though it is a more expensive option than other split-system units on the market, it’ll save you money thanks to its ultra-high efficiency inverter ductless mini split heat pump system. It even has SEER ratings ranging between 20.5 and 22.8, meaning that it is extra efficient.
The SEER, or Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio, is the amount of cooling produced divided by the amount of electricity used (BTU/watts). A unit labeled “Energy Star” falls in the top 25 percent of efficient models. To have this label, the unit must have a minimum SEER efficiency level of 14.
Plus, this unit has HSPF (Heating Seasonal Performance Factor) ratings between 9.8 and 11.2.
PIONEER Air Conditioner WYS012AMF122RL
In addition, it has whisper quiet operation, a big benefit of most split systems, so you won’t hear a thing.
The indoor section has a dimmable LED display, automatic swing air discharge louvers, and a multi-speed fan motor. Its features are controlled with an LCD screen wireless remote.
The heat pump outdoor section is durable and also quiet. It is equipped with low ambient heaters for ultra-low ambient heating as low as-5°F.
Pros and Cons
● Comes with a complete 16-foot installation kit, and other lengths are available if needed
● Remote controlled for easy temperature changes and for quick switching between modes (cooling, heating, dehumidification, and ventilation)
● Indoor temperature settings range from 62–90°F
● SEER ratings ranging between 20.5 and 22.8
● HSPF ratings ranging between 9.8 and 11.2
● Permanent washable air filters, with other enhanced filter options
● Outdoor section equipped for ultra-low ambient heating to -5°F
● Ranked #8 in Split-System Air Conditioners on Amazon
● Night mode function automatically adopts the temperature settings in regards to naturally changing body temperature levels during the night for comfortable sleep without interruption
● Auto restart function memorizes all settings in case of a power failure and restarts the system to run the same way it did before the power failed
● Timer function allows user to set the system to start or stop at a certain time
● Whisper quiet operation helps the unit run noiselessly
● Only offers a limited 1-year parts warranty and 3-year compressor warranty. Additional warranty available for an extra cost at check-out.
This unit really addresses all of the major purchasing factors of a mini split air conditioner, including efficiency, ease of installment, control features, and noisiness. The SEER ratings are great and there are modes available to save even more energy. Plus, it comes with an installation kit and offers different lengths if needed.
There are multiple modes for controlling the unit, and different functions to achieve the environment needed. On top of that, whisper quiet operation makes the unit practically silent.
Basically, all factors are accounted for. The only two areas that may be a bit lacking are the price and warranty.
The price is somewhat higher than similar available options, and the warranty is much shorter. An additional warranty is offered, but it will cost you. Overall, however, this is a good option depending on your needs.
Additional Information on this Brand and Model
Pioneer offers all types of air conditioning units, including ductless, multi-zone, ducted, and much more. They offer a 14-day money back guarantee on all items, plus a low-price match guarantee. Also, they charge zero sales tax outside of the state of Florida, so that’s pretty neat.
This company helped pioneer the ductless mini split and multi split systems, and has been one of the largest suppliers of those systems in the United States since 1995. They have headquarters, a showroom, and warehousing facilities in Miami, Florida, where they are based.
Pioneer is a worldwide registered trademark of Parker Davis HVAC Systems, Inc, a world-renowned manufacturer and supplier.
This model is a mini-split system, which is the type of air conditioning unit that the company does best. This type of system has both indoor and outdoor parts. It is also ductless, which means that it does not require any classic ducting. This is a big benefit for people with allergies, as ducting requires lots of maintenance and cleaning.
Choosing an air conditioning unit is a big choice. Units typically last 10-15 years, so it’ll be around for a while. Therefore, it’s important to make sure it’s the right one.
However, big choices don’t have to be difficult ones. There are many ways to break the decision into smaller parts to make it easier.
Remember to consider the four main categories: price, reliability, your space, and installation. It is critical to determine whether this unit is within your budget, has a warranty that covers your needs, is suitable for the space, and is easy to install or requires a contractor.
These factors will help determine if this unit is a good fit for you and the area you need it for.