When it comes to propane heaters, many people struggle to find a durable option that not only provides a continuous source of heat but will also be safe to use. If this sounds like your situation, then look no further than the Texsport Portable Outdoor Propane Heater. This heater is made by a trustworthy Canadian company and includes tons of safety features to prevent fires and accidents when used outdoors. Not only will it provide a continuous source of heat, but it will automatically shut off in dangerous situations.
Texsport Portable Outdoor Propane
What more could you want?
The Texsport Portable Outdoor Propane Heater is manufactured in Canada and serves as a simple and reliable outdoor propane heater for all sorts of occasions, including camping or general parties. When this heater operates, it produces around 2890 BTU and includes some significant safety features like an automatic shutoff fuel valve if the flame goes out. A large paddle foot base also increases stability. An aluminum reflector with a safety grid is also present, making this one of the safest outdoor propane heaters available.
The Texsport propane heater works well with disposable 16.4 oz. and 14.1 oz. propane tanks. It is steel with a stainless steel finish. The full product dimensions are 17.7 x 16.1 x 11.2 in., and the entire heater weighs around 1 lb. (not counting the fuel tank). A single pound of fuel is enough to provide 4-6 hours of heat.
This heater appears to be a regular radiant model, which means it focuses on using its energy to heat objects directly. Again, this is great for people since it means energy isn’t being wasted on the air when there are cold people who would like some warmth. The only catch is there is a single heat source.
Propane Heater Information
Propane, also called liquefied petroleum gas, is a gas that has been compressed and stored as a liquid to make it more usable as a fuel source. It tends to be a byproduct of domestic natural gas processing and has become quite abundant as a fuel source for supplementary products like the heater in this review.
Propane heaters work by converting the liquid back into a gas and releasing it into a controlled chamber, where it is then lit on fire to generate heat. Depending on the style of heater, this energy can either be dispersed directly to objects or is otherwise released by having the heated air blown out into an area by a fan.
There are some benefits to using propane heaters. In particular, they are considered clean burning and don’t produce hazardous smoke or carbon monoxide when used correctly. Many heaters also have auto shutoff features so the propane is sealed and the flame is blown out so there is low to no risk of fire.
Pros and Cons
● Stable – The wide base of this heater means it is stable on the ground and is not likely to tip over
● Safe– The Texsport Portable Outdoor Propane Heater has an automatic shutoff when the flame goes out so users don’t have to worry about the flammable gas being continuously released
● Portable – This heater only weighs 1 lb. without counting the fuel tank, making it easy to transport when camping and in other situations
● Clean Burning – Because this is a propane heater, it doesn’t produce any smoke, which is dangerous to inhale
● Fumes – Although cleaning burning, some models produce fumes that should not be inhaled. This occurs frequently but means the heater can be returned for a new model
● Fuel Tanks – This heater only works with very specific propane tanks, which can be a problem if they are nowhere to be found
The Texsport Portable Outdoor Propane Heater is actually one of the most portable models currently available on the market, weighing a single pound and being quite small propane heater. This means it can be taken anywhere outdoors and set up with ease. Because this is clean burning and has a ton of safety features, it is great to use around campsites or when hosting some sort of outdoor event. If you need something small, reliable, and inexpensive, then the Texsport Outdoor Heater is for you.