This Trustech Electric Infrared Space Heater is a great fit for any décor and will ensure that you get fast heat when you need it. It offers 1500 watts of thermal power with three different heat settings. On High, the heater will pull a full 1500 watts, while on low, the heater uses 750 watts. There is also an ECO mode that offers energy saving space heat by automatically cycling the heat according to the comfort setting on the thermostat.
This space heater has a lot of features that you expect from a high-end unit. One of the primary features is the 12 hour timer that allows you to not only set a time for the space heater to operate, it can also be used to set a time for the heater to turn on. That means that if you’re leaving the house, you can set the timer so the space heater turns on when you get home.
Another feature of this space heater is the automatic thermostat that lets you set the temperature so you are most comfortable. Using the Eco function, you can save even more energy than usual by allowing the heater to self-regulate.
The heater uses radiant heat and convection heat to give you the best of both worlds when it comes to heat. On one hand, the radiant heater will provide nearly instant heat that will allow you to feel warm quickly. And the forced air convection heat will warm the air around you so that you feel more comfortable as well.
When it comes to safety features, this heater has the two that you want. The first protects you against the unit overheating and will automatically turn off the space heater if it gets too warm. The second safety feature also turns the heater off, but this time if it happens to tip over. These are pretty essential for any space heater to protect you, your loved ones, and your belongings from the dangers of a fire.
One nice feature of this space heater is the cord storage on the back of the housing. This is a pair of clips that allow you to stow the power cord when the space heater is not in use. That means that it won’t accidentally get damaged by being run over by another appliance.
Staying Safe with your Space Heater
When it comes to using your space heater, there are a few things you can do to make sure that you can stay as safe as possible. You should be aware that space heaters are responsible for 32% of home heating fires. Here are some safety tips:
● Keep Kids And Pets Away – Kids and pets should be kept away from your space heater. This will not only keep them from getting accidentally injured, it also stops them from accidentally tipping the heater over.
● No Extension Cords – Space heaters draw a lot of power. That much power is too much for a regular household extension cord. Only plug them into the wall and never use an extension cord or a surge protector.
● Three Foot Rule – A space heater should be kept three feet from any flammable objects around it. Watch the position of drapes and other things that catch on fire easily. Pay special attention to space heaters that oscillate.
● Where to Put it – Make sure that your space heater is kept on a flat and level surface. That surface should be level and inflammable to ensure that if the space heater does tip over, it won’t burn the surface it was on.
● Get Smoke Alarms – A smoke alarm should be installed on every level of your home. You should have them placed near all sleeping areas and they should be tested monthly.
Pros and Cons
This space heater has a lot of features, but there are a couple of drawbacks that any potential buyer should be aware of. Here is a list of them so you can make a decision about how this heater fits in your life.
● 1500 watt heater with three modes – High (1500 watts), Low (750 watts), and Eco mode that self-regulates according to thermostat
● 12 hour timer for automatic operation for shut off or self start
● Tip over and overheat protection
● Cord storage in the back of the housing
● Fan is not exceptionally powerful
● No fan-only option for air circulation
This Trustech Electric Infrared Space Heater is really nice looking with its wood finish and will fit in with nearly any décor. While the air blower isn’t overly powerful, it is still capable of moving air and warming up the air in whatever room you choose. With all of the features this unit has, it’s a great choice for anyone who wants a high-end heater at a mid-range price.