Last Updated on by
When it comes to chilly summer evenings or crisp fall nights, there’s nothing nicer than hanging out on the patio with your friends and family. But not everyone has a wide-open and ventilated patio where you can have a crackling fire. Sometimes a sunroom or a garage or even a basement is the best place to hang, especially when the weather doesn’t cooperate.
But those spaces are often unheated and need some way to warm up. And because they aren’t well ventilated or have low overhead, you can’t exactly move in a 9’ tall pyramid patio heater. That’s where infrared heaters come in handy, especially electric ones.
These radiant heaters are perfect for indoor spaces because they don’t produce any carbon monoxide or carbon dioxide. Additionally, they are extremely efficient as they don’t rely on warming the air, they warm objects.
The best way to think about a radiant infrared heater, as opposed to a normal fire pit, is to compare a sunny cool day with a cloudy hot day. On the cloudy hot day, the air is warm, so you are warm. The only way to escape the heat is to go inside. On a sunny day, you are warmed by the sun, but the air is still cool. So if you get warm, you can seek shade.
This VIVREAL electric infrared heater is great because of the versatility of placement. It can be used as a tabletop patio heater or mounted on the wall. As long as the opening is pointed toward the area you want to be warmed, the placement possibilities are endless.
This heater is also powered by electricity, so you don’t have to worry about replacing a propane tank or getting natural gas lines fitted. Just plug it in and you’re good to go. It does draw a lot of power, so make sure that your circuit can handle it.
As with anything, there’s always the worry that something could break. Even though the internal heating filament is rated for 7000 hours, VIVREAL provides a hefty warranty, offering a full replacement or refund inside of 2 years. That’s a very generous program, especially considering how much use a patio heater typically gets.
Following is a list of specific features for this heater provided by the manufacturer.
● Fast heat up time. This heater reaches peak performance in about one second.
● Easily mounted with quick angle adjustments for directed warmth.
● Carbon fiber heating elements are rated for at least a 7000-hour lifespan.
● The heater has an IP55 rating, meaning that the heater is protected from dust or water spray from any direction.
● Adjustable to three levels of comfort.
● Extremely quiet operation.
● Runs from electric power, meaning no natural gas or propane fittings to worry about.
● 2-Year Full Replacement or Refund Warranty with 24/7 customer support available.
As with any heater, there are some safety tips that you’ll want to keep in mind. Because this is an electric patio heater, it goes beyond the typical, “do not immerse in liquid” warnings; although you definitely should not drop this heater in a pool.
● This is an infrared heater, so take care not to have any surfaces closer than three feet from the front.
● Never hang anything from the heating element as this could cause a fire.
● Do not use chemicals to clean the heater. These cleaning agents can leave a residue that when heated, will cause noxious fumes to be released.
● Plug the heater directly into the wall. Never use an extension cord, as that can cause overheating and increase the chance of an electrical fire.
● Whenever the heater is not in use, turn it off and unplug the unit.
● Never handle the heater when you have wet hands or you are wet. This increases the risk that you may suffer a fatal shock.
● Warn children of the dangers inherent in infrared heaters. They should not stand close to the heater or touch it while it is in operation, as these can lead to burns.
● If the heater is mounted outside, be sure to bring it inside during thunderstorms or severe weather.
While some of these rules may seem overkill, when dealing with 1500 watts of thermal output as well as a typical 120-volt residential line, it’s better to be safe than sorry.
Cleaning and Maintenance Tips
Because there are no moving parts or gas fittings to this heater, maintenance and cleaning are exceptionally easy. Wipe the housing down with a microfiber cloth to remove exterior dust. To clean the interior and heating elements, use indirect pressurized airflow to blow away dust and debris.
Inspect the unit monthly, especially if you’ve mounted it outside. Check the cord and plug to ensure there is no damage or corrosion. Inspect for broken or frayed heating elements. Additionally, look over the external housing to ensure there is no damage, cracks, or other signs of visible damage.
Any external damage can cause the unit to malfunction or possibly cause injury, so if you do see any, stop using it immediately. Thankfully, VIVREAL has an amazing 2-year full replacement warranty and 24/7 customer support.
Pros and Cons of this Model
Choosing a patio or space heater isn’t a decision to be taken lightly. Before you make a final decision it is helpful to look at a list of pros and cons.
When it comes to deciding if this model of fire table is for you, it’s best to look at a list of pros and cons. These come from what other buyers have said as well as what manufacturers have gleaned over decades of manufacturing and feedback.
When you look at the pros and cons, think about how you’re going to be using the fire table and how it will fit into your lifestyle.
● Extremely versatile in its use.
● You can put this heater in a garage, a basement, or even outdoors. The infrared heating reaches out to about 20 feet.
● Fast-acting. The heater begins to emit warmth in about a second, meaning you don’t have to wait when it’s chilly outside.
● Electric powered, so there are no propane tanks or gas lines to worry about.
● Has an automatic shutoff safety feature if the unit detects overheating. After the unit cools down, it will turn back on as well.
● Three settings for the perfect level of heat and comfort for everyone in the room.
● This heater does pull quite a bit of power. Make sure that you’re using an outlet that can handle the draw or you might pop a circuit breaker.
● The unit does get quite hot, so make sure to put it where it won’t be touched by small children. Contact burns by touching the front are possible.
Not everyone has the right space for a pyramid patio heater or a fire pit. But that doesn’t mean that you can’t host parties for fear of the cold. This powerful and efficient infrared heater is compact and is easily mountable, so you can get the heat you want where you want it.
This VIVREAL Electric Heater is an excellent choice if you’re looking for a versatile space heater that has the power and oomph that you need to stay warm during those chilly periods.